Full Job Description for: Coordinator, Administration and Operations
HOW TO APPLY
Submit resume and letter of interest via the Educare West DuPage website
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience (Salaried/Exempt Position)
Position Description: Attached/Below
Educare West DuPage is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Educare West DuPage puts into practice the latest science, research, and evidenced-based strategies to help vulnerable infants, toddlers and preschoolers build the skills they need to arrive at kindergarten safe, healthy, eager to learn, and ready for school.
Educare West DuPage is driven to inspire children to fall in love with learning, exploring and problem-solving. Educare West DuPage expects staff to put their early learning knowledge to work nurturing and engaging infants, toddlers and preschoolers, and to get parents involved in their child’s education.
Serve as a point of contact and link between employees, internal departments, and external parties, including vendors, service providers, and others. Handle clerical and administrative duties, analyze and improve organizational processes and policies, and assist in ensuring that the organization operates smoothly. Ensure internal and external inquiries are answered expeditiously and completely, field interdepartmental communications, and perform office tasks, including answering emails, delivering or responding to mailings, and maintaining board of directors and other official organizational records, and take part in financial planning and decision making. Develop, enhance and ensure implementation and compliance with standard operating procedures. Manage all aspects of Student Information Services program. Coordinate all aspects of the food/nutrition program. Provide attentive support for internal and external parties and ensure consistent, efficient operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist Executive Director and School Director in day-to-day coordination and management of business operational activities.
- Monitor, control and manage business operations to meet organizational expectations and goals.
- Liaise between management, board of directors, vendors, service providers and others to ensure smooth operations delivery.
- Coordinate and manage project tasks to ensure project delivery within allotted budget and timelines.
- Ensure compliance with organizational standards and procedures.
- Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships through regular meetings and communications.
- Evaluate current operational performance and provide strategic plan for improvements.
- Provide direction and guidance to internal teams to achieve performance targets.
- Identify problems in operations processes and resolve them in quickly and timely manner.
- Develop, enhance and follow standard operating procedures for efficient business operations.
- Develop, enhance and maintain clear and accurate operations documents/procedures for reference purposes.
- Develop and implement process for preparation and submission of work orders; facilitate communication with facilities and custodial staff.
- Provide oversight and support for internal meetings including scheduling, room set up and materials preparation/distribution. Serve as main point of contact for internal meeting logistics; ensure streamlined, optimal meeting experience(s).
- Coordinate policies and processes for supply orders; develop inventory and monitoring system(s) for same.
- Coordinate all aspects of the organization’s food program, including managing food program reimbursement processes; oversee and assess monthly food orders for students through caterer; develop and format menus on a monthly basis; and oversee the kitchen and kitchen staff.
- Oversee and coordinate all aspects of Illinois State Board of Education Student Information System (SIS) including, but not limited to, timely submissions, data quality, and the use of the SIS dashboard and reports. Coordinate use of data elements and validations; documentation/tools; E-Report Card Data Verification Instructions using SIS Excel and other templates.
- Assist in coordination and management of fundraising and donor relations initiatives and activities including development of goals and related metrics for activities, coordination of outreach and partnerships, event planning, dissemination of materials/information internally and externally, execution and follow up. Provide onsite event management as needed to ensure timely and accurate set up of materials, equipment, food, and more.
- Assist in coordination of activities associated with annual appeal, capital campaigns and major gifts as directed by Executive Director and Manager, Finance and Donor Relations.
- Assist Executive Director and other staff in prospecting corporate and family foundation and other grant opportunities (private and public), as requested.
- Provide supervision for kitchen/custodial staff.
Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, non-profit management or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and work experience required.
At least three years’ experience in project coordination, budget and schedule tracking/coordination, grants management, and meeting/event planning preferred. Experience preparing complex databases and processes for tracking and monitoring student and other information preferred. Experience with federal, state, corporate and foundation grants management, and working in a nonprofit or government environment desirable.
The successful candidate must have the following:
- Ability to work with Office suite software (Especially Excel and Word)
- Ability to work and maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive and private information
- Ability to manage a wide range of tasks, maintaining well organized and disciplined processes
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of people
- Excellent communication and time management skills
Excellent organizational, time management, oral/written communication, and critical thinking skills required, including strong writing and proofing skills. Must be detail-oriented, able to handle a heavy workload, work both independently and as part of a team, maintain confidentiality, think strategically, coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and collaborate effectively with various internal and external staff, partners and others. Must be courteous, analytical, proactive, and organized. Strong technical acumen with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required, with the ability to learn and apply new technologies. Must be willing to obtain/maintain appropriate food service training(s) and certificates. Experience with various software programs including grant and gift tracking and mass mailing databases preferred. Weekend work and occasional travel may be required.
Educare West DuPage is an Equal Opportunity Employer