Full Job Description for: IT Coordinator
Educare West DuPage
Full Time, Salaried/Exempt
HOW TO APPLY
Visit the Educare West DuPage website at https://www.educarewestdupage.org/careers.html
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Position Description: Attached/Below
Educare West DuPage is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No phone calls, please.
Educare West DuPage is a state-of-the-art, full-day, year-round school that serves children from birth to five years that are at-risk of academic failure. Educare promotes school readiness by implementing effective programming aimed at preventing the development of an achievement gap in the early years. Educare West DuPage is part of a larger national network that serves as a platform for broader change, inspiring high-quality programs in communities, improving public policies within each state, and demonstrating a comprehensive approach to the first five years of life and learning.
Director of Finance and Administration
The IT Coordinator is a full time position between two locations (Pearl Road and Glen Arbor). This position manages the facility's IT systems which include computers, networks, internet access, telephone lines and other technology. The IT Coordinator works with management and other departments to implement a successful IT plan built to promote controls around the organization’s data and equipment security.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be assigned:
- Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes service requests received via telephone, voice mail, e-mail and in-person for all users
- Assists with day to day computer operations and troubleshooting including printing and network connectivity issues
- Utilizes and maintains Microsoft Active Directory, Google Apps for Business and phone system
- Performs routine maintenance including anti-virus software and updates on all computers
- Manages system updates and server backup
- Manages equipment inventory and assesses serviceability of existing equipment
- Contacts software and hardware vendors to troubleshoot any problems that may arise
- Monitors software licensing, agreements, renewals and accessibility
- Design and maintain the Educare West DuPage Website
- Server virtualization Hyper-V and management are highly desirable
- Provides training for staff on new programs or equipment
- Monitor and maintain secure entry system on key fobs and accounts
- Knowledge of ChildPlus desirable
- Troubleshoot end-user software Quickbooks and Transaction Pro on a routine basis
- Familiarity with security and privacy controls from the Illinois Department of Human and Family Services
- Install and configure electronic devices like projectors, televisions as needed
- Able to travel between two locations less than 2 miles on a regular basis as needed
- Monitor and support all organizational social media platforms; this includes oversight and composition of posts to ensure accuracy and on-brand messaging
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Combination of college or experience/training; Bachelor’s or Associate degree preferred
- Language Ability: Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of employees of organization
- Excellent organizational, time management, oral/written communication, and critical thinking skills required, including writing and proofing skills.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to handle a heavy workload, think strategically, coordinate and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and collaborate effectively with various internal and external staff, partners, and others.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and /or move up to 50 pounds, or seek help to perform lifting functions.